Please note that gratuity is not included in the contract and is appreciated for recognition of excellent service. Tipping your individual stylists, at a 20% rate, is customary for on-location service providers, e.g., $165 (hair & makeup) X 20% = approx. $30 OR $15 per service. Cash only. Individual envelopes for each stylist are appreciated. If necessary, please have small bills as stylists do not carry change.
- Service room should be clean and ready at start time. Stylists are to be provided with a non-smoking environment.
- Please have a low-back chair for each hair stylist placed near surface area and close to outlets. For makeup, if possible, please have one high stool per makeup artist positioned by a window and near a surface area for supply set up.
- To avoid delays, individuals receiving services should be at “ready” location at her designated appointment time, but understanding the timeline is not an exact science and could be asked to start a bit earlier.
- Bring photos of hair styles for ideas so the stylist can have a place to start in providing exactly what each attendant wants. It is not as important with makeup but is welcomed.
- Wear a robe or other top that does not have to be lifted over your head. Button down shirts are not recommended as the collar can rub against hair and pull style out of place.
- Hair should be clean and dry and not flat ironed, even from the night before. If hair has been flat ironed, it should be washed. Flat ironed hair is difficult to curl and put into an up-do or down-do. Feel free to put product in but nothing that weighs your hair down. (Note: If you know your hair does better a little “dirty,” simply wash the night before.)
- Please Note: If attendant comes with wet hair and is NOT only getting a blow-out, she will be charged an additional $20. We do NOT encourage this as it can add unnecessary delays to the original timeline.
- If you require a blow-out only with minimal styling, come with damp (not soaking) hair if possible or we will simply re-wet. If any client has ethnic textured hair or extremely curly natural hair, we suggest they have a professional blowout the day before the wedding if they desire their hair smoothed out. No “natural” hair will be straightened by blow drying prior to any down do or up do service on the day of the wedding unless previously agreed upon and paid for.
- If you require a blow-out only w/minimal styling, come with damp (not soaking) hair if possible or we will simply re-wet.
- Bring any hair accessories (veil, combs, jeweled pins, hats, etc.) that you may have.
- For both the bride and attendants, if not previously discussed, paid for and agreed upon, clip-in extensions are not permitted on the wedding day.
- For makeup, please come with a clean, makeup-free face. Please mention any product allergies you may have.
- Bring your lipstick/gloss that you plan to wear. If you don’t have it, we do have long-wear formulas.
- For children under the age of 12, parents should be present if possible especially for very young children receiving hair services. To ensure the safety of children, they are not permitted to be seated on the lap of a client while services are being rendered.
- Add-on services are allowed if time permits and when everyone on the original timeline has been finished. Cash only is accepted for add-on services.
Thank you, and have a beautiful wedding day!