It is a good idea to schedule your hair and makeup trial run several months in advance of your wedding. We book up quickly, especially for the more popular months like May, June, August, September and October.
During your personal, one-on-one consultation and trial, we’ll discuss your photo ideas and overall wedding theme (colors, attire, embellishments, head piece, etc.) and use them as a guide to create your unique wedding day look.
For more information on what to expect at your trial and how to best prepare, take a look at our Trial Prep sheet.
What to Expect
- One-on-one personal attention in our cozy studio where you and your stylists spend time discussing your overall wedding theme, looking at pictures of your dress, bridesmaid’s dresses and hair and makeup ideas that you bring with you.
- Clear communication and guidance spending time on your chosen hair style and makeup look. Don’t have your veil or other head piece yet? No worries! We have sample veils, jeweled combs, and other things you can try out to see what works.
- If you want to use clip-in extensions, it is a good idea to have them at your trial. If you’re not sure what to buy or where, feel free to call or email and we can help.
- Please make sure to request airbrush makeup during the quote process and before scheduling your trial as not all of our makeup artists, although equally talented, offer airbrush makeup.
A few weeks before your wedding, we will put together a customized wedding day hair and makeup timeline to keep the morning organized and stress free. Then, on the day of your wedding, if you choose on-location services, the Beautiful Brides Philly team will arrive on-site to beautify you and your bridal party.
Trial Run Payment and Terms
Because we are by-appointment only and our trial appointments fill up quickly, all trials booked require a $100 deposit. This deposit is non-refundable will go toward your trial and/or final contract fees.
- At your trial run, if you decide to book with us, you will be asked to sign a contract, which secures your date and stylists. A deposit is due at the time of the trial with the remaining balance due 30 days prior to the wedding. (Please contact us directly to inquire about the deposit to book your wedding.) If your wedding day is 30 days or less from the time of your trial run, the fees will be due in full.
- If you only wish to pay the trial fees and think about booking later, that is perfectly fine. However, without a signed contract your date and stylists will not be secured.
For rates and availability, please complete the inquiry form on our Book a Trial page.